About NHS inform
NHS inform is Scotland's national health information service.
Our aim is to provide the people in Scotland with accurate and relevant information to help them make informed decisions about their own health and the health of the people they care for.
What you'll find on NHS inform
We provide information about:
- illnesses, injuries and conditions
- tests and treatments
- healthy living topics - such as smoking, alcohol, drugs and drug use, food and nutrition and mental wellbeing
- health news and events
- national health campaigns
- services provided by GPs, pharmacies and dental surgeries in Scotland
- your rights when using these services
We also have a number of interactive tools:
- Self-help guides for common illnesses and injuries
- Scotland's Service Directory containing hundreds of support groups and thousands of NHS services in Scotland
- Info for Me tool that helps you to gather, save, publish and share your own health information
You can also find out about NHS inform in British Sign Language (BSL)
Help us spread the word
You can do your bit to raise awareness of NHS inform.
We've developed a range of tools for use across internal and external channels, including websites and social media. These are outlined in the NHS inform toolkit - PDF (660 KB).
We've also created a suite of digital assets:
- Facebook asset - PNG (138 KB)
- Large leaderboard - PNG (61 KB)
- Leaderboard - PNG (29 KB)
- Skyscraper - PNG (38 KB)
- Square - PNG (48 KB)
- Twitter - PNG (132 KB)
Under the terms of our copyright, you're free to use the NHS inform logo for advertising, marketing or press materials that refer to, or direct people to, the service.
Treatment and placement of the NHS inform logo must comply with our brand guidelines.
21 November 2022