It’s important to know what’s going on with your own healthcare. Knowing the right questions to ask can make all the difference.
Asking the right questions
Simply by being more involved, you’ll be able to make better decisions about your own care and treatment.
To help you get the most out of your next appointment, here are 4 key questions it’s worth remembering to ask.
What are the benefits of my treatment?
Your healthcare professional will be able to explain why they think a certain treatment would be the best option for you compared to other treatments available.
What are the risks of my treatment?
Your healthcare professional will be able to explain the risks or possible side effects of your treatment and reassure you about any concerns you may have.
Any alternative treatments I can try?
Your healthcare professional will be able to outline any alternative treatments that may be available to you.
What if I do nothing?
Your healthcare professional can explain what may happen if you choose not to go ahead with your planned treatment.
Our healthcare staff are more than happy to answer these and any other questions you may have.
Feel better informed at your next appointment and remember, it’s OK to Ask.
Be prepared for your next appointment
Be ready for your next appointment by downloading our patient information leaflet.
It's OK to Ask Patient Leaflet
- 85,808 bytes
- PDF / A5 Leaflet
Audio and BSL version of leaflet
My important information for NHS 24
Download this leaflet to write down key information about your health – things you may be asked if you phone NHS 24.
My important information for NHS 24 leaflet
- 812,039 bytes
Easy read - My important information for NHS 24
- 746,763 bytes
- Facebook image 1 (JPEG, 386KB)
- Facebook image 2 (JPEG, 408KB)
- Facebook image 3 (JPEG, 387KB)
- Facebook image 4 (JPEG, 317KB)
- Facebook image 5 (JPEG, 483KB)
- Facebook image 6 (JPEG, 432KB)
- Facebook image 7 (JPEG, 459KB)
- Facebook image 8 (JPEG, 413KB)
- Facebook image 9 (JPEG, 401KB)
- Instagram image 1 (JPEG, 282KB)
- Instagram image 2 (JPEG, 242KB)
- Instagram image 3 (JPEG, 257KB)
- Instagram image 4 (JPEG, 236KB)
- Instagram image 5 (JPEG, 221KB)
- Instagram image 6 (JPEG, 328KB)