For this year's national No Smoking Day we're asking you to pick your way, #TellUsYourWay and Quit Your Way!
Pick your way
Everyone's different, which means the way you quit smoking needs to be your choice. It's all about working out what's right for you to increase your chances of quitting for good.
You might be:
- thinking of free Champix or NRT from the pharmacy
- looking into e-cigarettes
- planning to go it alone with your own willpower
You can also get expert help from the NHS. Whatever you decide, it helps to plan ahead.
More about the ways you can quit smoking
Use our hashtag #TellUsYourWay to post on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and make a statement about how you're going to quit smoking.
Tell your friends and family the day you've chosen to stop smoking and how you're going to do it. Letting other people know your plans helps:
- you commit to quitting
- your friends and family support and motivate you
Already stopped? Help others by sharing what worked for you.
Follow the campaign on:
Quit Your Way
Decide on your quit date and go for it!
If you need more information or help, Quit Your Way Scotland is run by trained advisers who can give you expert advice.
Quit Your Way Scotland can help by:
- talking through all the options available to you
- helping you plan to stop in a way that suits you
- offering support when you're trying to stop
- referring you to free local NHS services
- being there to talk to when other support services are closed
More about Quit Your Way Scotland