For independent help and advice you can speak to someone at the independent Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS).

What is PASS?

PASS is delivered by Citizens Advice bureaux and provides free, accessible and confidential information to patients, their carers and families to raise awareness of their rights and responsibilities when using NHS services.

Specialist advisors can also support you to provide feedback, comments, concerns or complaints about the NHS.

How can I contact PASS?

You can contact PASS by:

  • visiting the PASS website at and use webchat
  • phoning the new PASS national helpline 0800 917 2127
  • going to your local citizens advice bureau (CAB). Find the address for your local CAB on the PASS website.

How can I find out more?

Further information about health rights

Visit our health rights section for information about your rights when using the NHS in Scotland.
Health rights