NHS 24 Online: Accessibility statement
This accessibility statement relates to the NHS 24 Online mobile application (app) and explains how accessible this app is and what to do if you have difficulty using it.
This app is run by NHS 24.
Using the app
You can use the NHS 24 app to find your nearest services and use the chat function to assess your symptoms to find out what to do next for certain health conditions.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this app. This means you can use the built-in accessibility features on your device to:
- invert colours and adjust contrast levels
- increase the text size without the text truncating or overlapping
- navigate the app using Switch Access (Android) or Switch Control (iOS)
We have also made the text in the app as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
More about accessibility features on Android and iOS devices.
How accessible this app is
We have identified some accessibility issues within the app and are actively addressing these.
Known issues include:
- Images sent by the chatbot do not have alt text descriptions.
- Some pages are not entirely keyboard navigable.
- Some visual feedback is not accompanied by audio feedback, for example when using the chatbot there are visual cues but nothing audible to suggest something is happening.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical accessibility information
NHS 24 is committed to making this app accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This app is not compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
An accessibility review was carried out on the app in March 2023.
21 March 2023
Help us improve NHS inform
Feedback Alert Title