If you received one of your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccinations outwith Scotland you can upload your official proof of vaccination from that country to your Scottish vaccination record. This will mean you will have a combined fully vaccinated status to show for travel purposes.
To use this service you must:
- be resident in Scotland
- have a certificate showing you received one dose of a coronavirus vaccine in another country (this will be a QR code on an official document)
- have been vaccinated in an approved country
Before you start
To help us process your request you will be asked to provide:
- the name, date of birth and contact details you used to register with your GP practice
- your preferred method of communication
- your CHI (Community Health Index) number, if known
- the country of vaccination
- a clear scan or photo of your QR code or official QR code letter in jpeg, jpg, png or gif format (these are types of digital photo formats)
An official letter without a QR code cannot be verified and will not be accepted as an image.
If you do not have a QR code
If you do not have a QR code as evidence of vaccination or your country of vaccination is not in the approved list to use this service, please contact the COVID Status Helpline on 0345 034 2456. The helpline will assess and advise whether your vaccination record can be updated.
If you've received all vaccines in Scotland
You should not use this 'Update vaccination record' service if you've received all your vaccine doses in Scotland and your COVID Status (app or paper copy) is incorrect.
You can usually get your COVID Status within 24 hours of having your vaccination. However, it can take up to 5 days for your records to be updated.
All your doses will show on the COVID Status app. Paper copies will only show your last 2 doses.
Refresh your app by signing out and back in. Or swipe down on the screen underneath the 'International Travel' line.
If that doesn't work you can download a copy of your vaccination status online or request a paper copy by phoning the COVID Status Helpline on 0345 034 2456. The helpline is open from 10am to 6pm Monday to Friday, 10am to 1pm on Saturday and closed on Sunday.
If any information on your COVID Status is wrong, you should phone the COVID Status Helpline on 0345 034 2456. You do not need middle name(s) for using in Scotland or for international travel. If your address on your status is out of date you can still use it for international travel, as long as your name and date of birth are correct.