The organisations listed can help anyone affected by alcohol with advice, counselling and support or you can find a local alcohol or drug service near you
- We Are With You (formerly Addaction): Provides free, confidential support with alcohol or drugs via a local service or online. Webchat is available online or you can chat to someone via Tel: 0800 915 4624 (weekdays 9 am – 9pm, weekends 10 am – 4 pm)
- Drinkline Telephone: Supports people who are worried about their own or someone else’s drinking. Tel: 0800 731 4314 (free) (weekdays 9 am – 9pm, weekends 10 am – 4 pm) Webchat function also available.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) provide free self-help groups across Scotland. Its 12-step programme involves getting sober with the help of regular support groups. National helpline number: 0800 9177650. Find online meetings
- Breaking Free Online Evidence based programme that is now free during Covid-19 crisis.
- Sure Recovery App The app includes an information page on Covid-19 and an option for people to record their experiences of substance use, treatment, and other aspects of their lives during Covid-19 and this period of social isolation.
- Smart Recovery Online meetings - SMART Recovery helps individuals recover from any addictive behaviour and lead meaningful & satisfying lives; using a science-based therapeutic programme of training.
- Many people with problems with alcohol may find other networks useful, including Narcotics Anonymous (NA) https://ukna.org/covid19 and Cocaine Anonymous (CA) https://cocaineanonymous.org.uk/
- Find a local alcohol or drug service near you: -
- Young Scot information for young people.
- Scottish Fire and Rescue – safety in the home clip during COVID-19
- NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children) – if you are concerned about the safety or well-being of a child – 0808 800 5000
- Scottish Recovery Consortium are recovery-orientated and exist to support, represent and advocate recovery from problematic substance use in Scotland