To collect your first sample:
- Catch your bowel motion (poo) before it touches the water.
- Use one of the cardboard sticks to take a small sample, about the size of a pea.
- Spread the sample to cover the first window on the test.
- Use another cardboard stick to take a second sample from a different part of your bowel
- Spread the second sample to cover the second window on the test.
- Close the flap and tuck it under the red tab on the test to keep it closed.
After you've collected your sample, you may want to store your test in a sealed container until ready for the next sample.
Second and third samples
Repeat the test on different bowel movements using the second and third flaps of your test.
The samples can be from any of your bowel motions (poos) over a 10 day period - just remember to date each sample.
After the third sample, you’re ready to put the test in the free return envelope and seal it.
After collecting a sample
After each sample:
- wrap the used sticks in toilet paper and dispose of them carefully – don’t flush them down the toilet
- wash your hands
- keep your test in a cool place out of direct sunlight