Consent: It's Your Decision (Leaflet)
This leaflet explains how you should be involved in decisions about your health care and treatment.
Consent: It's Your Decision
Included in this leaflet:
- What does consent mean?
- Who can give consent?
- What if I can’t give consent?
- What happens in an emergency?
- How will I be asked to give my consent?
- What information should I be given?
- Can I refuse examination and treatment?
- What if I have a mental illness or disorder?
Consent - It's your decision
Who this factcheet is for and what it's about.
Explains your right to be involved in decisions about your health care and treatment.
It’s up to you to decide whether you want to take part in research.
Explains how your personal health information is used.
Explains what to do if you are unhappy about how you have been involved in decisions about your care.
Where to find more information about consent to healthcare.
Further information about your health rights.
Information on the production of this leaflet.
09 July 2019
How can we improve this page?
Help us improve NHS inform
Feedback Alert Title