Healthcare in Scotland for Holidaymakers from Overseas (Factsheet)
If you're coming to Scotland on holiday or to visit friends or relatives, this factsheet explains what healthcare you may be able to get free from the NHS if you become ill or have an accident.
Healthcare in Scotland for holidaymakers from Overseas
Included in this factsheet:
- Can I get free NHS care while I am on holiday in Scotland?
- What happens if I need treatment?
- Is all healthcare free for NHS patients?
- Will I need to pay if I need transport with medical support to get home?
- What can I do if I run out of my medicines while I am in Scotland?
- What to do if you're feeling unwell