Kirsty talks about how depression and anxiety affected her mental health as a teenager. Despite some happy times she went into a "deep black hole" that she didn't want to come out of.
If this is how you feel you can speak to your GP or phone 111 now and choose the mental health option.
The Mental Health Foundation has information about how to speak to your GP about your mental health.
- I didn't know what was happening
- You can go into this blackhole
- The anxiety underneath was so much to bear
- I personally have a faith
- Don't be frightened to make huge changes in your life
- The islands are changing
- We have to become very resilient
- Now I've found the balance
- Take that first step