About waiting times
This site shows information on waiting times for planned (elective) care. It does not show information for emergency (unscheduled) care.
The statistics included relate to the wait you may experience to:
- attend a particular outpatient clinic for the first time (known as a new outpatient attendance)
- receive treatment under the Treatment Time Guarantee (TTG) as an inpatient or day case
Outpatient statistics only cover clinics led by a medical consultant. They do not cover clinics led by other professionals, including nurse-led clinics.
A small number of specialist treatments provided as an inpatient or day case are not covered by the TTG.
Waiting times data in your area
Statistics on waiting times for new outpatient and inpatient and day cases in Scotland are shown by health board of treatment and specialty.
Get the full release of national statistics
Public Health Scotland provide further information on the latest waiting times data.
The latest PHS statistics that were released on 29 November 2022 include:
- the length and distribution of wait for both ongoing and completed waits
- additions and removals from the list
- patient unavailability and non-attendance rates
All statistics are available at health board and specialty level. They cover the period up to 30 September 2022.