NHS 24 has established itself as Scotland's trusted telephone triage service providing urgent care advice day or night and health and dental support when your GP practice or dentist is closed.
Complimenting this service, we have now expanded our online services by providing websites to GP practices in Scotland which are:
- easy to set-up
- integrated with nationally governed health information
The content management system for each website has been designed in-line with the GP contract and will be continually developed in partnership with GP practices.
Benefits for patients
Patients will benefit from:
- access to general practice information
- online prescriptions and appointment booking if enabled by their GP practice
- 'Near Me' video consultations if enabled by their GP practice
- a link to online consultation providers if enabled by their GP practice
- increased awareness of national health campaigns
- self-help guides maintained centrally by NHS 24
- nationally governed and up-to-date NHS service and health information
- links to the latest COVID-19 (coronavirus) advice developed by NHS 24 and Scottish Government
Making this information available to your patients will enable them to make informed choices about their health before requesting an appointment.
Use Scotland's Service Directory to search for GP practices.
Benefits for GP practices
Practices will benefit from:
- zero cost of ownership
- quick set-up
- access to centrally governed health information
- an easily maintained content management system
- the opportunity to address health inequalities by extending practice reach online
- support from a dedicated NHS 24 project team
- an accessible website built for usability
The GP.scot website has been designed to make it easy for practices to provide information digitally to their patients.
- health information from local and national sources
- general information about a GP practice
- practice updates to address any changes to practice services
National health information
NHS 24 provides and maintains the website content relating to:
- health information
- NHS services
- national health campaigns
- digital self-help guides
GP practice information
Information about a GP practice will be maintained by GP practice staff by logging in to their website portal.
Practices will only have to maintain content relating to their:
- phone number
- staff details
- opening times
- repeat prescription information
- appointment booking information
- video consultation information
- online consultation provider
- changes to services via practice updates
Get in touch
GP practices can contact our team to register an interest in a GP.scot website.